Is it worth keeping this site/forum open ?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jiggymf wrote:I think a little thank you for all the work, effort and passion (not to mention having to pay for the hosting etc, we all know asking for donations means..... no one will donate ^^) you have put into this site the past years would be well in place for Pete as well as the other staff.

I don't know you at all and I think I have never even spoken to you before, but I know from experience that this kind of things require alot of behind the scenes work to actually keep it going, and a whole bucketload of problems people have with this or that , which you have to deal with , have a stance on, and have to react to, but are not really waiting for to get involved with.

I am also very happy you decided to hand over the site to someone who will continue to provide it to the community and keep the site usefull. It's a very noble thing to do.

Thank you Pete!

Well put - a lot of behind the scenes/administration etc goes under noticed and generally unrewarded.

The dedication of various individuals in this hobby is essential in order for the community to grow.

Pete has done a steerling job - even if we haven't seen eye to eye on a few things (partially down to pete being about a foot taller than me! :smt005 ).

Pete dunno if this is the end of this hobby, or you're planning something else - I am sure you'll be the first to tell me.

Let's have a toast to naomi.com and let's what happens next. :smt030
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I could not agree more with what jiggymf and Andy already stated. A big 'thank you!' to Pete who has kept this great forum alive and kicking for so long!! :smt041

There have been a lot of highlights in this community, and (like any Internet forum) a few setbacks as well. I personally have always found sega-naomi.com to be one of the more accessible arcade communities around.

Therefore, it will stay alive, and will soon be 're-vamped' (A few months back, Pete and I already planned on updating the site to a newer version of the forum software, updating forum guidelines, etc.). More news on that very soon :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete wrote:Cageman will be taking over the site.

Thanks for you input guys :)

Well Pete, I'm bummed you'll be bowing out, but I can completely understand.

Great choice with Arjan; I'm still happy to help.

Now I just need you to pass on some of those beautiful machines my way, and we'll be all set... :D ;)

Couldn't agree more with what was said above - I know this site could have disappeared a long time ago.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well said Jiggy (and others)

There may not be a huge amount of traffic running through here but the tech info on this site is massive. I've found loads of useful stuff on here that isn't available on any other forum.

That search button is the key to unlock a treasure chest of great info.

Thanks to Pete for running the show, mods for keeping things in order and all the great minds that have contributed :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

congrats cageman
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the kind words guys just got a lot going on right now, life has been pretty shit in the last 2.5 years starting about a week after Insertcoin 09 to now, money doesn't bring you happiness either.

But there is 1 member who clearly doesn't like the changes...Android made some big edits to his gallery thread last night & deleted all his pictures from photobucket., lucky just hours earlier I took a full site & forum back-up :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

We have a saying here, not sure if it translates well:

'if you dance with the devil, you will burn yourself eventually'

We should all be supporting Sega Amusements and companies who still try to make a living in that industry which is not an easy one anyway, so we will still be able to enjoy their stuff 10 years from now. Not making their business harder then it already is. We should fight persons who don't act with those best intentions with a passion never seen before, as a community.

Whatever it takes to keep arcade alive...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete

i hope ypu get back on your feet and god speed and be safe
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Really glad this site will be staying around. If hosting cost ever becomes even the slightest issue, let me know, I'll happily donate server space and bandwidth if I can. I've got years of web hosting/linux administration under my belt, so if you ever need anything cageman, just ask.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Had a reminder email today that the host needs renewing or transferring by 31st March or its curtains for this site & forum after April 1st.

Dear Arjan,

Thank you for your support of Doteasy. This is a reminder that your

web hosting service for sega-naomi.com will be expiring soon and a

renewal is scheduled for Apr 01, 2012.

If you require a change in your web hosting service, please contact us

prior to Mar 31, 2012.

Please review the following items which are currently on your account:

Renewal Items:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- Ultra Hosting Special

: US$7.95 / Month

- Free 100MB Storage Upgrade (option will auto renew)

: US$0.00 / Month

- Spam & Email Virus Protection

: US$6.95 / Month

TOTAL : US$14.90 / Month on 12-month billing term

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*applicable taxes for Canadian residents will apply

Note: All optional hosting features are provisioned the length of your

web hosting plan.

Please visit one of the links below to advise us of your hosting renewal

decision:

Text removed by Pete.

(Note: by not renewing your hosting services and optional features,

your web hosting account will be downgraded to the Doteasy Basic

Hosting Service. You may be required to re-publish your website.)

If you do not click on the above links or if no renewal decision is

received by Mar 31, 2012, the default action is to renew your hosting

service(s), without the Spam & Email Virus Protection feature, to avoid

any disruption to your website and email. If you click on the above links

more than once, the last click will prevail.

Please ensure that the payment information we have on record for your

account is current. To verify or update your payment information,

simply login to your Member Zone.

Thank you,

The Doteasy Team

'Join the hosting revolution!'

Hyperlinks removed !