Is it worth keeping this site/forum open ?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I know this is not totally related to the topic but would the site admins (or anyone else really) have any interest in seganaomi.com? I own the domain but don't really have any use for it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm not what you guys might consider and "Active User" but I visit these forums almost daily. Arcade Otaku? Really? That site has nothing on sega-naomi.com. This is a great resource for arcade owners everywhere.

You guys have a very clean, organized category structure for your forums.

You have dedicated posters who are willing to go out on a limb to help other members.

As I said before, I'm not one to post everyday here at Sega-Naomi.com, but it would be a lose to both the arcade community and to myself to see this site go.

Times are slow for every site right now whether you know it or not, give it some time, and you guys will be right up there where you want to be.

I hope this helps in your decision. And best of luck with what ever you guys decide to do. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I guess it is here to stay :-)

Oh, and I agree with a lot of you: if funding/maintenance/moderating is an issue, a lot of us are very much willing to donate money and/or time, including myself.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:I guess it is here to stay :-)

Oh, and I agree with a lot of you: if funding/maintenance/moderating is an issue, a lot of us are very much willing to donate money and/or time, including myself.

So is that the ultimate verdict? I sure hope so.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I hope so too. The odds are in favor: 95% :smt004
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It will be kept alive one way or another, if Pete does decide not to want to be site admin, then I am sure another person can take over.

I'd offer myself, but I feel that would turn people away as I am SegaShed, and people will think I have a unfair monopoly.

Someone like Joshua3DG or Gilles54 would make sense IMO.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This site needs to exist. :smt006

For all the reasons mentioned.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the kind words guys, never really thought anybody would care.

The site stays !
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys, never really thought anybody would care.

The site stays !
Pete we all care :smt008
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Alright! That's great! :smt041