Is it worth keeping this site/forum open ?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete wrote:Be nice to get some more donations for the server fund as this years renewal is up again soon... :smt006

Done!

Sent a gift to seganaomi @ sega-naomi . com (spaces added to stop spam)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks :) nice surprise as I sit stuck in traffic in London.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Bump ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Another year paid for...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all, I will be making a big announcement on this tonight, watch this space !
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hi pete,

just found this post so i hope this announcement is a good one.

ive not been into Naomi long but found this site invaluable into getting to know the way round my machine.

cheers
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Prob looking at selling or passing the site ownership over to somebody else.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I can take it over, i'll host it for free as long as there are no ads/revenue being generated. I have a server I can use for "personal" stuff as long as I don't profit (I work for a web hosting company). PM me pete, unless you're saying you already have someone in mind. I can't really "buy" the site, so if someones offering you money, go for it, but I'd happily give it a home on my server so it stays alive.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman will be taking over the site.

Thanks for you input guys :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think a little thank you for all the work, effort and passion (not to mention having to pay for the hosting etc, we all know asking for donations means..... no one will donate ^^) you have put into this site the past years would be well in place for Pete as well as the other staff.

I don't know you at all and I think i have never even spoken to you before, but i know from experience that this kind of things require alot of behind the scenes work to actually keep it going, and a whole bucketload of problems people have with this or that , which you have to deal with , have a stance on, and have to react to, but are not really waiting for to get involved with.

I am also very happy you decided to hand over the site to someone who will continue to provide it to the community and keep the site usefull. It's a very noble thing to do.

Thank you Pete!