What do you do for a living?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

What do you do for a living?

Post by OldFoo »

Man, I see all of these folks buying tons of thousand dollar cabs etc...and I am wondering wtf you guys do to have all of this money.

I teach 1st grade and don't make shit. Every cab I own has been busted up in some form and needed my attention...and was under $500 (two for $100 each) ....and my cabs were purchased over a 4-5 year period.

Not trying to pry into anyone's life, just wondering what you do for a living.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm a console game programmer... so I get to keep my cabs in the office :)

Kind of nice doing that since it's not nearly as much fun doing super crazy stuff in shooters without other buddies around who can actually appriciate it! (The wife would just smile and nod :P)

And yea... cabs are a moneyhole for sure. I remember when I picked up my NAOMI universal cab I thought it was a smoking deal for "only" $1,000...

Then by the time I had the CP fitted, a few games, a gdkit, wiring..., shipping feeds, VAT, etc it was well over 2 grand. :x (It's easy to get carried away with the whole "Well I just need this one last thing!" over and over again :)

But now I've gone and bought another cab... at least this time it's prefitted for the most part and me and my buddies at work split it three ways :)

Some people never learn!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i'm a crack dealer :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Mr-Megalo wrote:i'm a crack dealer :smt006
I can't get enough of your crack.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So that's how you afford all those cabs. Should be quite the money earner, I hear it's quite moreish :D

Me, well I just work part time in a large DIY store. It's shit but then I'm far too lazy to get a propper job :smt028
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm a supervisor at a flavor house. we make flavoring for ice cream and that sort of thing. some of are customers are good humor, baskin robbins, turkey hill and charles jaquin (the liquor company). basically all i do all day is surf the internet and get paid doing it. i was in a really bad car acciedent a couple of years ago and have a nice settlement coming to me next month so i will be buying a few naomi cabs and cyberleads :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I work for the glorious NHS, on one of the much publicised failed IT projects NPfIT.

I work at the General hospital in Milton Keynes, spending my time between x-raying people (including CT scanning) and then working on our PACS project.

The PACS part of my job is the best, as I also get paid for sitting on my arse surfing the net.

My clinical work can be rewarding, but the people around here are so thick, it's no suprise they get involved in accidents, shootings, muggings etc...

I bought my first (and only) woody about 3 years ago, which was fooked. I managed to clean it up & re-wire it, and kept the cost under ?100. This has been my workhorse since.

I want to get a new cab, but the cost is the prohibiting factor, and also the fact that I am building a car, which seems to drink all my spare change at the minute.

One-day...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I need a change of job, I've decided I need to either become a bank Robber or a getaway driver, can't decide which tho :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Mr-Megalo wrote:
I need a change of job, I've decided I need to either become a bank Robber or a getaway driver, can't decide which tho :smt017

need an hand :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

actually, yes

you rob the bank, i'll do the driving :D