Naomi carts; how do you store yours?

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Naomi carts; how do you store yours?

Post by OldFoo »

When you look at the home arcade scene; specifically arcade machines that are cart based, you imediately think of the MVS, ST-V, Atomiswave etc. All of which have some sort of storage available to make the cart look pretty on your shelf.

Why doesn't the NAOMI?

I realize the dimensions neccessary to make a nice box, but come on, at least it's not CPS-2 size. especially considering some of the awesome art for NAOMI games!

So anyway, how do you guys store your carts?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

zip lock bags in my filing cabenet
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

bubble wrap in a ward robe in the closet
OldFoo

Re: Naomi carts; how do you store yours?

Post by OldFoo »

JamesABaldwin wrote:When you look at the home arcade scene; specifically arcade machines that are cart based, you imediately think of the MVS, ST-V, Atomiswave etc. All of which have some sort of storage available to make the cart look pretty on your shelf.

Why doesn't the NAOMI?

Probably because it is an arcade system. Cartridges are not meant to look pretty, the are meant to earn cash ;-)

Ontopic: I store them in plastic baggies, bubblewrapped. Would be nice to have some sort of shock box, though. Small ones.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

wouldent be that hard to do just need a vacum former machine make a mold out of wood and could make trays would love it if could make them more like mvs shock boxes as then could do some cool custom artwork for each game.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MaNiAc wrote:wouldent be that hard to do just need a vacum former machine make a mold out of wood and could make trays would love it if could make them more like mvs shock boxes as then could do some cool custom artwork for each game.

I too had the same intention ;) :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

My point exactly.

None of the systems that you can get shocks for have art half as nice as the naomi.

Think about a mvsc2 shock insert, just how nice that would be!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'd love it if we had shock boxes for Naomi games. For someone with the know-how, I think that would be a decent investment to look into :P.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

For when I buy my first cart for my Naomi, I'll make my own N64-style box and put pretty artwork round it I suppose. I'd even tell you guess how to make them too I suppose. Could also put a layer of bubble wrap round the inside. But as of now, being cart-and-gdrom-less ( :smt010 ), I don't have a method.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

After guessing the size of a Naomi cart and having hours before work today, I speant some time designing a proto box for House of the Dead 2. It ain't finished or near professional, but I spent 2 hours with MSPaint and google, so go figure. The only reason it was hard is since I could find barely any images for HOTD2 O.o