spam is the new in thing

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ngt wrote:when sites start going down hill, I always notice it's when the regulars run out of things to talk about and start stupid sexual back and forths between guys on their computers.

maybe so but ................................... :)

when you have a forum thats just dedicated to one type of thing ( arcade, arcade gaming, games, tech ) people will run out of things to talk about, there is only so much you can descuse about a game or a tech issue before its fixxed or everyone as played the game, if you have 200 peeps in a forum and only 20 of you post it just wont work and itll die, you need multiple topics in a forum for all types of people, youv gotta remember that everyone that joins isnt a pro on arcade stuffs and tech and wont understand what your on about, this is where the off topic would come in, console gaming section would come in and general gaming, the rest the user will pick up after alot of reading over time ( just like i did ) all youv gotta do is look at BYOAC to see how things are different there with the ammount of things there is to talk about, a forum does not have to be just about arcades and gaming, look at KC, topics there consist of many different things from ( show up your tv setup ) & ( show us your desktop ).

a forum can be fun if its made to be fun.

and also like this forum, its dedicated to the naomi, ask your self one thing, how many people do you know that owns one, even i dont own one and i post in here because theres a off topic section, if theres a post ill more than likley post back to it, the rest i know nothing about and this is why im saying this, i can look at things in this forum as i person that knows nothing of this system, to get punters to join and post here you need to draw them in, dont make it a dedicated forum where people just talk about one thing ....... the naomi. :smt018

all i can go off really is like my self, i own 2 cabs and 5 fruit machines, i know that im the only person in my area with arcades machines in there house, there isnt a cab in every house old, if there was this forum would be bursting at the seems with members, keep it real, theres not millions of folk out there with naomis.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Some very good points there, thanks for your support :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:Some very good points there, thanks for your support :)

no problem, anytime ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ngt wrote:when sites start going down hill, I always notice it's when the regulars run out of things to talk about and start stupid sexual back and forths between guys on their computers.

Have you been looking at the KC forums??? :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

dj_johnnyg wrote:

Have you been looking at the KC forums??? :smt006

KC sometimes goes like that, theres periods in the year where it goes quiet, i remember when tony didnt have as much time and stopped comin in the forum and the postes halfed in just a few days, KC does have the same probs as most forums, you know peeps joinin up and not even postin, then theres the regulars at a time where they have probs or want advice and when they get what they want there gone, or what tickles me pink is the fact when theres a cab order going through there like a massive flow of new members all of a sudden, when the cabs come and they get there cabs ( the dudes vanish ) :smt011 :smt012 i remember the last one in the begining all these new dudes had got the ( WORD ) going round the net that KC was doing this cab order and i remember the thread too where peeps could ask for the cab they wanted, there was like 10 new memeber that had only posted like 5 times and they got there order :smt011 i wouldnt mind they wasnt even regulars or had even put anything into the forum, me, on the other hand (got blown out) i had the money for a cab, asked for a sega astro , no one replied to say anything at all, but the new memebers got answerd and got there cabs, i even asked a second time, still no reply, i give up in the end, thats what bugges me so much, the rules dont mean shite.

just thinking, theres not only here thats quiet and KC, arcade fevers place is the same but this is the way we like it, it was only knocked up so we can just post when we want, and have a bit of fun.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I blame HAWKXP. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

brumma wrote:

I blame HAWKXP. ;)

:D

i blame Gunny :smt016