MCE

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

MCE

Post by OldFoo »

As some of you know i was building a media centre pc for my daughter and i was going to use the proper media centre for her machine but i was put off by the ammount of proceses that where being used and the amount of memory plus the extra disc space to as she needed as much has possible for billions of albums and videos and user friendly to as she only 15, as some of you know if you use it or have in the past you need to tag all the albums otherwhise it splits you album up and dobs it into the (unknown) catorgary :grrrr: which can be damb annoying.

anyway i was looking on ebay for a MCE keyboard for my own media centre pc and i kept seeing a media centre alt software, so i took a look at it and found that this software was user friendly and the size was tiny for what it was also used very little resources but did the same thing as media centre, and on the plus side you could use the MCE remote and keyboard and plus it had alt themes too :party:

the software its self was only cheap to buy as i think it was only like ?2.99, as i was looking i noticed in one of the sales the proper name of this software, so me being a download monkey searched the web for this software and found that it was infact (freeware) and the first thought that popped in my head was the dirty ebay swines, talk about making money on someone elses work ( basturds ) :diablo:

anyway here it is, iv tried this my self and it looks and works no different then MCE and does the same stuff, i also downloaded all the themes and iv gotta say they are awsome :surprised: as iv always wanted onr that was black and looked the shiz, this things got it all and it makes MCE look shite when its running, this program also needs microsoft . net framework version 1 and update, also microsoft . net framework version 2 as well, all the links are there anyway for all these extras.

so chaps if your interested give it a whirl, as i said its free and legal. :hawk: in HAWKY we trust. :rofl:

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

screens

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/features.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REQUIREMENTS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MediaPortal will run fine on most PC's. However make sure you installed the software components needed as described in the following list

Software components

Operating System:

* Windows XP SP2: With WindowsXP you are able to use MediaPortal with one DVB TVCard or multiple Analog TVCards.

* Windows MCE 2005 RU2: With Windows MCE you are able to use MediaPortal with more than 1 DVB TV Card!

* Install SP2 and all WindowsUpdates

* Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 with SP1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 2

* DirectX 9.0c

* Windows Media Player 10

* WindowsXP SP2 Hotfix for DVB

* Windows SP2 Hotfix for 1394 (Firewire)

Drivers and Codecs:

* Always use latest drivers for your chipset, video and audio card

* To be able to view QuickTime movies you should install QuickTime Alternative

* For more playback codec's and filters see here and here

* VobSub for subtitle playback

Hardware components

Minimum System Requirements:

* CPU: 1.4 GHz or higher / 2.8 Ghz for analog software tv-cards

* Memory: 256MB RAM

* Harddisk: ~200 MB for MediaPortal

* VGA: DX9 compatible videocard with at least 64MB of video memory

* TV-Cards: See the following page for the latest supported TV cards

* Notes: Media Portal currently records live Tv to a DVR-MS file which generates a file size of approximately 3GB (3072MB) per hour. So a typical 2 hour movie will create a file which is about 6GB (6144MB) in size. For that reason, a 100GB Hard Disk would give you enough space to record multiple shows over 2 weeks without having to delete or compress them. See this page for an accurate supported TV card listing

Recommended System Requirements:

* CPU: 2.0 Ghz or higher / 2.8 Ghz for analog software tv-cards

* Memory: 768-1024 MB RAM

* Harddisk: ~200 MB for MediaPortal and ~12 GB for Hardware Encoding or Digital TV based TV cards for timeshifting purposes.

* DirectX 9 capable graphics card with at least 128MB of video memory

* An Internet connection is highly recommended for full functionality of some features

* TV-Cards: See the following page for the latest supported TV cards

* Notes: Media Portal currently records live Tv to a DVR-MS file which generates a file size of approximately 3GB (3072MB) per hour. So a typical 2 hour movie will create a file which is about 6GB (6144MB) in size. For that reason, a 100GB Hard Disk would give you enough space to record multiple shows over 2 weeks without having to delete or compress them. See this page for an accurate supported TV card listing

1080i HDTV Minimum Hardware Requirements:

* CPU: 2.8 GHz

* Memory: 512 MB

* DirectX9 capable graphics card with at least 128MB of video memory

* HDTV capable playback codecs

* Notes: Before you go head long into buying a HDTV tunder card and expecting your PC to play is without fault, navigate to this Microsoft media page and download some 1080p and 720p files and see if your Video card can handle it. A 100Mb download may save you some disappointment. If you still have any issues getting MP to work, please post them on the forum .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Got any torrent links for Windows Vista & the ever lasting 30 day trial?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:Got any torrent links for Windows Vista & the ever lasting 30 day trial?

naaaaa theres nowt at the mo pete, looked my self and its the same stuff, they say with the download it comes with the activation thingi mi bob but it never works. :smt012

anyway as iv already seen it i dont think much of it, if your going to be playing games you need at least 2gb or ram, if your not playing games you need 1 gb, its going crazy. :smt011