MEET & GREET

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome, warmeister! Nice costumes (and nice Chun-Li! :D ).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

She's even hotter in person. Check out those legs!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hi guys :D

welcome to the forum :smt004
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello people :)

My name is James, and I've been a long time lurker on here, and a poster over at Killer Cabs. Just starting out with Naomi, as I've got my gear being sent over to me. As far as non-naomi goes, I've got a modest Sigma AV7000 setup, SFZ3 & Jojo's 2 which should soon hopefully be replaced by a nice SF3.3 ;) Also should have a nice Naomi Uni on its way to me soon too :)

Hope you guys will bear with any questions I have!

Cheers :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think I met you at ATEI once?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all, i'm Enzo, from Italy, i live 100 Km NE far from Venice.

I work like system integrator for some italian ISP, mainly with Cisco System device, and obviously i like Computer, Consoles and Videogaming in general.

I'm 30 yrs and i'm moving in to a new house with my girlfriend, and beacuse i will have a big garage i decided to buy a Jamma Arcade Cabinet, and i will put inside a NAOMI motherboard, so this site is the best resources to gather information about it!

Have all a good day!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've changed my user name from RGP to my real name of Pete, FYI :) :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete wrote:I've changed my user name from RGP to my real name of Pete, FYI :) :smt006

Hi, Pete.

Welcome to the forums!

:smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi All,

Figured I'd throw a few bits in...

Been a console gamer/collector for over 20 years, and have always loved arcades, so now that I'm making 6-figs I can finally upgrade to the real thing.

I've owned a Neo Geo MVS dedicated 6-slot cabinet for over 6 years, but am still pretty much a noob when it comes to arcade electronics. That, and the fact that I always wanted to get into the Naomi is what brought me here.

I'm 37, married (for 10 years in a few weeks) and have two boys, 4 (on Friday) and 2 (next month.) We have two dogs (a whippet and a greyhound - lazy shiites.) :D

6'4", 245 (up a little from 230, dammit - need to lay off the soda)

I was recently promoted within my department to Assistant Director (as of 9/1); I'm the Operations Director for a research institute at The University of Texas at Austin (in, you guessed it - Texas.)

Yes, it's hotter than young love here. I'm a transplant, grew up in upstate New York and moved here about 10 years ago.

Other than my family and friends, I love (in no particular order):

video games

movies

hockey

soccer

The Smiths

Lush (the ex-band, not the occupation - though I do like a bit o' boozin' now and then)

Ultimately, I would like to own a personal arcade of favorites (classics and "exchangeable game" machines like Naomi, etc.)

My short term goal in the hobby is to obtain a Japanese style New Net City or Net City cabinet, and become more familar with the inner workings (oh, and play it a lot.)

I would like to eventually own 4 (one for horizontal games, one for vertical shooters, one dedicated gun cabinet, one dedicated driving cabinet.)

This board has been great for the most part - a lot of knowledge here, some friendly folks and a great way to spend money.

Thanks for having me, and I apprecaite the help and patience.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hey, I'm Michael, 25, in Georgia. I've been gaming since Conics and Colecovision, moving into arcade games now when I have the time and my wife isn't looking. ;)

I'm an associate program manager for a technology company.

On the average day, I can be caught:

Gaming (RPGs and Fighting mostly)

Talking to my 5 cats

Drinking coffee

Modding Joysticks (almost as much fun as playing with them these days)

Breaking/Fixing things around the house (I'm no Bob Villa, but I'm learning)

I used to be a big movie junkie/snob back in college, my criterion collection was nearing 50, about 1/8 of my total collection. I don't know if its me or if movies just suck lately, but I'm certainly buying fewer of them. The last great movie I saw was There Will be Blood.

If any of you are ever in GA, drop me a line and we'll play some fighting games or something.

Thanks for this site, its a great place with some great people.