My first naomi setup

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My first naomi setup

Post by OldFoo »

Hello all.

I wanted to make a real post so I decided to post here. Not long ago(like 2-3 weeks now) I finally got my Egret II cab from Bibliophiles group order. My dream to own one came true.

My 1st thoughts were to get some shmup PCB's so I got Gunbird 2 and Donpachi. I have always been a HUGE dreamcast fan( I have just about all the shmup ports, numerous consoles, tons of games etc I thought about getting a Dreamcast to jamma rig..so I contacted some people and got some ideas for cost figures. In the back of my mind I was always thinking of a naomi setup. So a week ago someone local offered me a naomi setup w/ capcom I/O and Capcom vs SNK as well as a 1 slot neo PCB for my Neo cab. I was hesitant but I made the deal.

I got a kick harness...installed it and fired up the naomi the other day. And BOY was I ever wrong for waning a Dreamcast to jamma adapter. The naomi system is sooo nice. Having the true arcade hardware hooked up to the cab is best. It is going to become a new obsession for me.

I know the EII can only do low res but even still CVS looks great. I can not wait until I can get some more carts.

Here are a few pics of my 1st naomi setup(excuse the stuff on the floor and tape on my wall(place is old and has an ant issue so that was the quick fix).

That IS my bed to the right of the cab. It's no great shakes but its good enough for me.

I hope to later on get a GD-ROM setup and replace all my DC ports with the real deal. But that will come much later. For now this is FANTASTIC.

Thanks for reading this everyone, just wanted to share my joy.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

congrats! your cab looks great! thanks for posting the pics
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice!! Beautiful cab, nice and clean by the looks of it.

Oh, and about your ant-problem: One word: Bayer. This, for example:

http://www.bayergarden.co.uk/products/p ... egoryid=14

:-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Beautiful candy cab you have there. I wish i had one.
OldFoo

Re: My first naomi setup

Post by OldFoo »

OSG wrote:My 1st thoughts were to get some shmup PCB's so I got Gunbird 2 and Donpachi. I have always been a HUGE dreamcast fan( I have just about all the shmup ports, numerous consoles, tons of games etc I thought about moncler jackets getting a Dreamcast to jamma rig..so I contacted some people and got some ideas for cost figures. In the back of my mind I was always thinking of a naomi setup. So a week ago someone local offered me a naomi setup w/ capcom I/O and Capcom vs SNK as well as a 1 slot neo PCB for my Neo cab. I was hesitant but I made the deal.

I got a kick harness...installed it and fired up the naomi the other day. And BOY was I ever wrong for waning a Dreamcast to jamma adapter. The naomi moncler system is sooo nice. Having the true arcade hardware hooked up to the cab is best. It is going to become a new obsession for me.
oHY,your cab looks great! thanks for posting the pics!!thanks!!.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Congrats! Nice cab and you're right, Naomi looks great in 15k too. Enjoy!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Congrats for your cab ! A lot of pleasure !

:smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi OSG,

Thats a nice Egret you got there, I also run a Naomi gd system on my cab, And i have no worries playing a Naomi setup in 15k on Egret2.

Infact, i think it looks bloody amazing :smt005

Good luck with your Gdrom plans, and when you do get a gdrom setup, get Underdefeat as thats a must have shooter.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Always like it when people post pics of their new cabs! Congrats