My Game Room

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Could you do me a favor and take a picture or scan where it is? Maybe my board is missing it :O
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice to a row of different cabs, really adds to the real home arcade experience.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Borman wrote:Could you do me a favor and take a picture or scan where it is? Maybe my board is missing it :O

sure:

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice Selection NGT. :smt023

I'm envious. :smt103

I guess you have a supplier of candy cabs in CA. :smt025

Must very convenient and really cust down on shipping costs.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote:Nice Selection NGT. :smt023

I'm envious. :smt103

I guess you have a supplier of candy cabs in CA. :smt025

Must very convenient and really cust down on shipping costs.

thanks! I like the way the full wall looks. I don't think I would complain if they were all universals though, lol.

I only had one really delivered and that was the Neo 25 from Arcade Infinity a long time back. Screw Jeff though, as I will never order from him again. The neo25 came with a busted PSU (+5v knob was broken off and it was set too low to run a 4 slot). I had to rewire the whole thing and although I could probably do it now easily, I had never done anything like that then and had no multimeter, lol. Delivery was about $175. I had this astro driven over for $30. The OK Baby came for $50 from near San Fran and I picked up the other 4 slot candy from Vallejo in my girl's mom's van. Same with the little tiny cab in the top pictures , but all the way in Sac. which is about 2 hours away. I rented a truck to go pickup the woody.

The best story is the crane game...not pictured above, but since I am rambling on and on....lol. I was sitting out in front of a pool hall and this guy was fixing this racing game inside and had it in his truck. He said he didn't know if it worked. I asked him how much working crane games cost. He didn't answer me, lol...he just said..."you want this one?" I said sure without thinking. So here I am stuck out in front of this pool hall with this giant crane game. I called my girl and had her call her friend, who then called her husband who came and helped me get it home. It was an impulse freebee,lol...and for a minute, I was stuck on the curb. Well worth it though, as it works great! The music is annoying as hell though, lol.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ngt wrote:

The best story is the crane game...not pictured above, but since I am rambling on and on....lol. I was sitting out in front of a pool hall and this guy was fixing this racing game inside and had it in his truck. He said he didn't know if it worked. I asked him how much working crane games cost. He didn't answer me, lol...he just said..."you want this one?" I said sure without thinking. So here I am stuck out in front of this pool hall with this giant crane game. I called my girl and had her call her friend, who then called her husband who came and helped me get it home. It was an impulse freebee,lol...and for a minute, I was stuck on the curb. Well worth it though, as it works great! The music is annoying as hell though, lol.

SWEET :smt023

I've wanted a crane for a while. I had won one off of epay about a year ago for $200 and about a 2 hour drive pickup at the next local coin-op auction. I was all set to go and pick it up and the before the auction guy calls me and says 'not working', 'smoke coming out', 'blah-blah-blah' :smt011

I think a crane and a shortie (10' not 13') skeeball would be really cool for the garage. Once I get my 3rd NAOMI squared away and my gameroom set back up I need to put my antenna's back up for those two items cheap. :D

Also, sweet prices on the cabs.

As far as the music on the crane you can probably cut the speaker wires at a minimum or possibly look at interfacing speaker to another cheap sound board from another game. :smt020

Regards

Bob
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ngt wrote:There are three little pieces at the back of the board. Little silver metal things the size of tic-tacs and they hook in with 2 pins. Not sure what they are called, but two went back on easy and the third is attached via wires. Very ghetto, but it works....until it's bumped :(
Those little pieces would be capacitors. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:
ngt wrote:There are three little pieces at the back of the board. Little silver metal things the size of tic-tacs and they hook in with 2 pins. Not sure what they are called, but two went back on easy and the third is attached via wires. Very ghetto, but it works....until it's bumped :(
Those little pieces would be capacitors. ;)

But they say "little silver things" right on them ??

Skidog wrote:
SWEET

I've wanted a crane for a while. I had won one off of epay about a year ago for $200 and about a 2 hour drive pickup at the next local coin-op auction. I was all set to go and pick it up and the before the auction guy calls me and says 'not working', 'smoke coming out', 'blah-blah-blah'

I think a crane and a shortie (10' not 13') skeeball would be really cool for the garage. Once I get my 3rd NAOMI squared away and my gameroom set back up I need to put my antenna's back up for those two items cheap.

Also, sweet prices on the cabs.

As far as the music on the crane you can probably cut the speaker wires at a minimum or possibly look at interfacing speaker to another cheap sound board from another game.

Regards

Bob

A short skeeball game would be AWESOME!!!! Once on craigslist I saw a huge two seat dual player (with 4 computer tanks) batter withtalk like controls and moving seats......it went for $500 I think? If only I had a garage :( I never thought about skeeball. That's a great idea too!!

Those prices are just for the shipping on the cabs :)

Here's the crane about 5 years later...and a few layers of dust later, lol. All it needs is to fix the wood on the very top front and plexi and the bottom right in the chipped spot. Everything else is perfect or at least close! It has an old school crain with the chain on the claw. Plus, my girl and I were into crane games at bars, so it's FULL of perfect size brand new little stuffed toys.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

going white...yeah, on the bandwagon.......

someday photobucket will rotate the pictures when I do.... :)

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Batman looks freakin awesome!