Naomi HD Unit

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Naomi HD Unit

Post by OldFoo »

Finally finished my HD conversion on my Naomi cab. I know a lot of you might be swearing blastfomies at me but its more practicle for me as the monitor I had in the cab needed upgrading to do jamma.

I can now hook up the following

X360 - HDMI

Naomi/DC - VGA

Wii - Component

PC - DVI

I made a bracket to hold the speakers in place and upgraded them to a newer Sony branded ones

All sound inputs are controlled by a switcher box neatly tucked under the CP

Oh yer just need to get the marquee re-printed hu hu hu

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That looks pretty decent to me. Very nice from the front, and a little weird from the side. Averages out ok. :D

Far from blasphemy if you ask me. Blasphemy is more like the guy on AO that bought a brand spanking new NNC only to spray the whole thing black. He should have been banned from the forum right then and there. :smt019
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I purposly left the gap at the back to let the heat out from the screen.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well done mate! Think this is what Sega should have done when going for next-gen gaming. Always liked the Naomi look better than Sega/Sammy Lindbergh design.

It would have been perfect if the vertical bezel space could be reduced a bit more so the shape of the screen would come out better. Anyway, Think you've done a great job till now.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Looks awesome mate.

Please get the official marquee holder and then post more pics.

Looks damn nice.

The blasphemy part is hooking up consoles :smt018 :smt005 , but I love the 1 player panel.
Last edited by OldFoo on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I still got the original marquee but I think it takes away the fact that its been chopped (it adds something like 10 inchs to the top) thats why I prefer thr low profile one in the pic
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What kind of monitor did you use?

a pc monitor?

If it's a tv screen, how do you get it to go to av on startup?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Could you post more pics (or a decent sized one ;) )?

I would like to see how the LCD screen does fit in the bezel.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What I did was I fitted the screen to a piece of mdf and mounted it on the original screws fixings.

Then I made another bezel out of mdf, painted it grey to match the original colour and fitted it aroung the screen.