My first naomi universal cab now with gun setup.

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My first naomi universal cab now with gun setup.

Post by OldFoo »

Well i have been after one of these cabs for a long time but as they are so desirable i have missed out on a few and some have been a little on the exspencive side for me but managed to get one at a good price a fixer upper.

So last friday i hired a van and drove up from london to oxford to pick up my new cab.

as shown below

after installing it at its tempory home my office i played one game of virtua tennis it was time to start stripping the machine as i wanted first of all to clean it up as i know how dirty the insides of ex rental cabs can be.

let the stripping comence.

Goo this was after 4 hrs of cleaning and then removing the i/o board holder to descover more goo lol such is life.

Ok let me refrase that there not usaly this dirty inside as after opening the cab control pannel up i descoverd that some one had dumped a pint of coke or brown looking goo equivelent in to the machine and had dripped in to coin area and lower mobo compartment so had a fun packed week end of cleaning all goo out of machine.

i had already brought the new net city face lift kit off sega shed and some buttons new joysticks off gremlinsoulutins so i was ready to upgrade the control pannel. oh and octigon restrictor plates for the joysticks.

White buttons added

Blue buttons added

Joysticks added

now just about to order second hand marquee and brand new plasticks for top assem pannel to remove crack and ciggie burns and a new top control pannel assembly so top plastics match and are new off sega arcade uk.

then it will be time to paint strip and re paint legs as they are in a state as usaly with machines that have been used out in arcades or pubs and apply new net city side stickers.

will post more as i do it.
Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Update:

Well im off to sega arcade hq tommorow morning to go pick up my new plastics

got new top assembly and control panel top so my machine will start to look like new. will take some pictures of the place thanks to danny for being so helpful.

the joys of owning a semi moden machine ya parts are avalible off the shelf lol.

oh and marqee is on its way to me as well just need a new coin entrance the mint nose is well ugly.

then its down to painting it but might leave that till i get it out of the office and in to my home as knowing my luck and scraping paint off it would be a shame.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If you're going to buy all new plastics you should get all the metal parts repowder coated rather than painted. ;)

I got a new bezel and cp upper but it doesn't stop there you have to get a new cp lower too so it's all minty. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

cp bottom is in good nick no scratchs and is nice and white so is the top now.

last night i stripped off all the plastics ready for the new ones as below.

hears what it looks like now. just need a chrome coin inlet and the control pannels is done.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you should have popped into the workshops to see me whilst at sega :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

next time i will mate dident know you worked there i got the feeling i will be back again as keep on finding things i wanna buy for it.

saw the games room was nice lol.

must be a fun job.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

My marquee turned up today already fitted it.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow, your naomi universal looks great, especially with cvs2 playing.

I just recently bought a net city, which I'm planing on running cvs2 as well. Hopefully it will arrive by next week.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thanks its worth the graft to get it all sorted now making a swappable gun cp so it will play gun games.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well gun set up is all working after some quick wiring looms i made up so i can take the guns in and out of my machine.

just started on the control panel will be getting the holsters in the next few days and right connectors to set up gun 2 as had square type instead of 7 pin jst connector.

any how enjoy...