Cell's Uni/NNC Rebuild - Photo Heavy

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Cell's Uni/NNC Rebuild - Photo Heavy

Post by OldFoo »

I bought a Chopped Uni in the spring and I wanted to clean it up and make it a NNC:

Wanted to freshin the paint up and give it a good cleaning. Around this time I bought a US PFX to replace the 31k Nanao it came with. But I had just bought a New Astro and had no where to put it at my house. So I dismantled it and stored at work in a closet. Being the noob that I am. I took lots of pics of the dismantle and labled bag after bag of all the parts. Finally, I just made some room and had time to rebuild it over the holidays. Still working on the PFX power adapter, but wanted to get it working to play for the next week. So here is my rebuild in all of its glory. :P Reading this post is what really inspired me to do this:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2436

I had my friend paint some of the plastics in Appliance Gloss White. I wanted to do the metal base and doors also but I just didnt have the recources or time. I focused on what I could do. I magic erased the shit out of everything I could. I bought a NNC kit from Craig @:

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/Cabinet-Parts/S ... od_89.html

Also sourced a new marquee holder. Bought new parts when I could. A new marquee, buttons, and sticks. Bought a cheap Naomi board with broken Gd-Rom for cheap. Adjusted the Gd-Rom laser pot and fixed. Magic erased the whole Naomi board and good as new. Resoldered the RCAs on the cabinet sound amp to fix sound problems. Replaced dead Sun psu fan. Then I started the rebuild of my chopped Uni.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Replaced this fabricated marquee holder:

With this!!:

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Put the OG Nanao 31k until I have the PFX adapter sorted. Lent out my only Naomi game so threw in my Xbox360 pad hacks and tested out SF4. Everything turned on and ran great. Pretty surprised being I know nothing about this stuff. I still have a little more work to do but I cant believe this is now what it is.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thats a pretty good clean up. Enjoy MvC2 buddy!!!