Where's the american cab love at?!

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Where's the american cab love at?!

Post by OldFoo »

So, I have two Naomi cabs, and my newest one is a total conversion inside a US cab. It's my shrine to Guilty Gear XX Slash:

You can sort of see my Virtua Fighter 4 evo cab next to this one. Also, a US cab. Trying to represent those cabs sine I live.... um... in the US.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

that is a fantastic cab! I still prefer JP cabs, but man.... you make a good argument for how US cabs can be nice!!

well done
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Looks fantastic! Mine is in the style of a standard US cabinet (like a Street Fighter Style) that I built myself. Doesn't look near as nice as yours, but I don't think I'd trade it for anything.

You can see it here. I've redone the inside wiring since then, so it's not near as cluttered anymore.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That GGXX sideart is awesome!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

goatboy wrote:That GGXX sideart is awesome!

I agree. Awesome looking. Not a fan of these cabs, but this one is very, very well done indeed.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I love the side art too. Man I need some of that art on my woody. After looking at that, mine just looks naked, lol.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice looking cabs. I also prefer Candy Cabs but this one was done well. I also have some nice love for US cabs as I have 3 of them. My favorite is my Neo Geo Big Red 4 slot.

:) This one I restored from the ground up aswell. Just need to replace the lighted marquee now
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

NICE!!! I had an astro city and blast city and honestly I just bought them to have them in my collection. I sold them both about a year back because they just weren't practical for 2 players unless you have linked cabs, however for the enthusiast with an average sized home its just a waste of space in my humble opinion. Also I personally cant stand the sloppy, loose feel of Japanese sticks and buttons. I guess what I'm trying to say is your cab is both practical and beautiful excellent job I absolutely love it!