The saddest arcade pictures ever.

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

The saddest arcade pictures ever.

Post by OldFoo »

So I got a tip from someone at a Gamestop on somewhere I could check locally about getting Naomi and JAMMA components. The informant was right about the place, though tragically his info was out of date. The place I was told about was called Joytime, and they were a local arcade and amusement machine distributor and leasing company. "Were" being the keyword here as upon finding the place tucked into an out of the way, former industrial facilities, area what I found was a "for sale" sign. Further inquiry yeilded that the company had gone out of business about two years back. But I feel these pictures I took at the abandonned facility tell the tragic tale best. :smt010

Be warned I did not resize or alter these images in any way. So most are around 600kb in file size:

http://www.computerdirectoutlet.com/ebay/20/arc/
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

did you hop the fence to salvage the marquees or anything?

those pics are not nice....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No, and it's not like I wasn't tempted to do so. Across the street is a police squad car service center and refueling station. Would be a really stupid idea to climb a ten foot high fence in broad daylight in front of the police don't you think. That my guess as to why none of that's been taken or vandelized already. Not that it hasn't technically been vandalized by the weather already. :(

The property is up for sale, so I'm planning to check by there once a week to see if maybe they do some sort of warehouse sale... or even drag in one of those enormously over-sized dumpsters. Might even call the realators posted phone number soon to see if they know anything about what's to become of the buildings contents. I can only imagine what sort of goods must still be warehoused inside if that's the sort of stuff they left out under the overhang.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

sad about the cops....

and yeah, followup on that, you should have the Realtor show you around the place...

=)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah that looks pretty bad, might be some nice stuff inside for sure.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So sad.

I often wonder why companies that are going out of business don't just auction or give away machines like this, rather than let them rot.

Doesn't make any sense.