Restoring a Pedistal arade cabinet with naomi gd-rom setup

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Restoring a Pedistal arade cabinet with naomi gd-rom setup

Post by OldFoo »

so i bought this cab for $20 bucks off a guy on craigslist....$20 bucks just for a cab, no wires, no power supply, no NADA! just a working new coin mech and coin door lol but yea this is going to be my first cab restoring. i love candy cabs especially the naomi universal one, i think thats what they call them idk i want to buy one but since im in America i should stick to the simple stuff for me. so it had a funky control panel that had the holes so close to each other that i decided to rebuild it. this cab is a area 51 cab (serial number on back) that was converted to a tekken 4 (had the marquee still) and now i want it to run a gd-rom setup. here are a few pics....

yea its ugly...

lol working new coin mech...

here is what ive done to it so far...

new control panel

old control panel

drilled holes

i just ordered new joysticks and buttons, new black sticker sheet for control panel, and a new jamma wiring harness....now about the monitor, i want to use a original one but shipping is going to kill my wallet as i am a collage student that has to take the bus to school almost every day and barely have enough money to feed me. i do work so i plan on slowly fixing this game up but as the main important component.....NAOMI BOARD! Yes i do have 2 with CVS2, MVC2, SFZ3U so im good. just need a crt monitor with vga input....
Last edited by OldFoo on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

put an lcd in and future proof your machine if your going to be playing naomi in it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

purplec wrote:put an lcd in and future proof your machine if your going to be playing naomi in it.

LCD...ive heard from ppl that lcd dosnt give out the same looks or feel of a arcade monitor but is a LCD best for a naomi setup at 31khz? possibly a 32 inch? that sounds good in my price range..........also if you ppl want to see more pictures check out my photobucket. just click on a image and it should redirect you to my profile