My Sega Blast City + Collection

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My Sega Blast City + Collection

Post by OldFoo »

So, I just got back into arcade collecting again after selling my big red Neo Geo MVS 1-slot a couple years ago. I've missed having an arcade cab, and have always wanted a candy cab for a long time. Well, I finally got one!

I picked up my favorite candy cab, a Sega Blast City a few days ago from a user on here. I ended up picking up a Naomi 2 setup from him as well with GD-ROM. I'm a huge Sega fan so having my favorite Sega cab is quite amazing. I drove 8 hours in total to get it. Not terrible, and brought a friend along the way. Gas was another $100. Interesting thing was only thing I had to pick it up in was my vehicle, a heavily off-road modified Jeep Wrangler YJ. I did measurements to make sure it would fit, and it looked like it would. Once we got there and made the deal we all loaded it up in the back of the Jeep. The Jeep is lifted 10 inches, so we couldn't just dead lift it into the back. So, we made a ramp using a beer pong table, haha.

It actually ended up fitting perfectly into the Jeep, it fit just right, and the tailgate even closed. So for future reference, a Sega Blast City can indeed fit in the back of a Jeep Wrangler :P

It was quite a sight going down the highway, thats for sure. Got a few looks when we stopped to eat haha. Not everyday you see this gigantic Jeep going down the road with an arcade in the back. It even matched the Jeep!

So, once home (at 3AM mind you), we unloaded it, took it up a flight of stairs, and into the room where it stays now. I have to say I LOVE how easy these are to move. I about killed myself moving my MVS 1-slot woody with 3 others up and down 2 flights of stairs. Insanely heavy. Anyways, it is in my room now and in pieces as I begin the clean up process. Its in decent shape, but has its fair share of nicks, scratches, and grime.

I don't have very many good shots of it yet, just quick shots to show its condition when I first got it. I am in the process of cleaning it up now as I wait on my games and marquees and such in the mail. I will be sure to post new picture once the clean up process is complete. So, here is its current state:

My collection so far:

Arcade:

Sega Blast City (NOS MS-2931, Sega 001 Loom, Sega kick harness, Sega I/O Rev. B, PSU with integrated sound amp, Step-down transformer, Blast City CP from Sanwa; Sanwa and Seimitsu sticks, Sanwa buttons.)

Systems:

Sega Naomi 2 + GD-ROM

Sega ST-V (Multibios region modded)

Aleck64 Motherboard

Atomiswave

Games:

Esparade (PCB) (Copied art)

Soul Edge ver II (PCB)

Sexy Parodius (PCB) (Copied art)

Gokujo Parodius (PCB) (Copied art)

Arcana Heart: Full (PCB) (Copied art)

Taisen Hot Gimmick Kariakuten (PCB) (Copied art)

Hot Gimmick Integral (PCB) (Copied art)

Hot Gimmick 4 Ever (PCB) (Copied art)

Hot Gimmick 3: Digital Surfing (PCB) (Copied art)

Super Real Mahjong VS (PCB) (Copied art)

Final Romance 4 (PCB) (Copied art)

Final Romance 2 (PCB) (Copied art)

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball '96: Opening Edition (PCB) (Copied art)

Mahjong School Festival (PCB) (Copied art)

Shisenjou 2 (PCB) (Copied art)

Mr. Driller 2 (PCB) (Copied art)

Samurai Spirits 6 (Original art set, Atomiswave)

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (Atomiswave) (Copied art)

The Rumble Fish (Atomiswave) (Copied art)

Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits (Atomiswave) (Copied art)

Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate (Naomi GD-ROM)

Radirgy (Naomi GD-ROM)

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Ver. B (Naomi GD-ROM) (Copied art)

Guilty Gear XX: Slash (Original art set, Naomi GD-ROM)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon DX (Naomi GD-ROM)

Cosmic Smash (Naomi cart)

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned F (Full Naomi kit, GD-ROM) (Copied art)

Beach Spikers (Naomi GD-ROM)

Sports Jam (Naomi GD-ROM)

Capcom vs SNK Millennium Fight 2000 Pro (Naomi GD-ROM)

Die Hard Arcade (ST-V)

Hanagumi Taisen Columns (ST-V)

Decathlete (ST-V)

Winter Heat (ST-V)

Art:

Sega Blast City art set

Sega Blast City Marquee

MCS Sega Blast City CP

MSC 100 yen decal

Radirgy Marquee

Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate Marquee

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Marquee

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Ver. B poster

DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou poster

Esprade Marquee

Cosmic Smash Marquee

Guilty Gear XX: Slash Marquee

Accessories & Misc:

Sega arcade ashtray

Sega arcade tokens

3 Naomi DIMMs (1 currently not working)

1 Nanao MS-2931 (Not working)

NIB Naomi GD-ROM kit

GD-ROM Uni mount

2 Sega I/O Rev. B

1 Sega Naomi sound amp

Plenty of cables, etc.
Last edited by OldFoo on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So today I went to a local arcade about 30 minutes from me. It's called Game Galaxy, best arcade I know of in Tennessee. Import games, candy cabs, retro and new cabs, etc. Good stuff. I ended up talking to the owner for awhile about just general arcade talk and we got on the subject of what he may have for sale. Ended up he had a whole power set up for a Naomi including whats needed for the GD-ROM. He let it go for $40, so I came out quite well. He also use to have a full dedicated Virtual On cab, that I loved to death. When I got there I noticed it wasn't there. Ends up he sold it for $350... If I just had the room for that, I would have bought that in a heartbeat at that price, I love that game.

Anyways, I already ordered a power splitter cable for my GD-ROM from AGS, so I guess now I will have some extras parts and boards to sell :D. Also plan to be picking up a Sega ST-V motherboard and 2 games from him Wednesday. I went ahead and ordered two of my favorite ST-V games; Die Hard Arcade and Hanagumi Taisen Columns. Things are coming together well! Just got to wait on everything in the mail to get here!

I'm going to have a lot of packages heading my way... o_o

The Blast City is done being cleaned up also, and has a nice coat of wax on it. Nice and shiny now! Looks great. I will wait to take pictures of it until I get my marquees and new overlays in though. Should be a nice before and after.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Awesome story and glad to see you're so happy with it. The blasts are great.

I look forward to more of what you have to show.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have quite a bit to show and update on, might even make a video or something too. Just been crazy with school and work so it's been doing a lot of sitting and not enough playing! But here in a week or two I'm gonna update everything on here.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Haven't updated this in awhile, got a lot more arcade stuff since then. But just been busy with so much!

Anyways, awhile back the MS-2931 in my Blast City died. Did what I could to fix it, but couldn't get it going again. Was wondering what I was going to do, and came across a NIB MS-2931 that Sega had. The last one they had sold this summer. I got a hold of the buyer; ends up he bought it and it had been sitting since, he never got around to using it. So, I bought it off him, and I am now in proud possession of the last NIB MS-2931 from Sega's inventory :D

So, I figured I would take some pictures as I installed it, and show the results.

Taking out my old monitor.

Information on the old monitor.

Picture of the old monitor. Note that its not gooped up despite how long its been around and running :P.

Unboxing of the new MS-2931:

Sadly the frame took a hit and got a bit bent in shipping despite the packaging. But, I was able to bend it back without much problem.

And here is the monitor once I got it into my cab:

Annnnd, finally here is it up and running again! Also, updated pictures of what the cab looks like now after all the work I've done on it. Looks a lot better than it did when I first got it. I'll take some side shots and such later.

Image[/img]
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow!, A NOS 2931. :smt007 Do you realize how lucky you are? Think i would kill for this monitor. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

DUDE!! a NEW 2931?? Are you kidding me? I would sell a kidney for one of these, and what the heck: I'll throw in an extra limb of choice for free!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Suprised the monitor arrived in working conditon - the shipping method look a bit odd for a monitor.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just updated my collection list on the first post, haven't updated it in forever!

Cageman wrote:DUDE!! a NEW 2931?? Are you kidding me? I would sell a kidney for one of these, and what the heck: I'll throw in an extra limb of choice for free!

Haha! Yeah I lucked out. I got a good deal on it too on top of that. My MS-2931 dies on me, I can't fix it. Start searching for replacements and long story short after a lot of jumping through hoops I wind up with a NIB 2931 shipped to my door :P.

The picture quality it amazing, and I thought my old MS-2931 looked good... Can really tell the difference of a brand new tube.

AndyGeezer wrote:Suprised the monitor arrived in working conditon - the shipping method look a bit odd for a monitor.

Well I looked at some posts online of some other people who bought these NIB 2931s from Sega also, and surprisingly there isn't much packing from the factory, it just sits in styrofoam to reinforce it and then is boxed up. So packing was added to all the sides and such the styrofoam didn't cover. I was afraid it would die on the way here. Of course, I had it insured, but would have been a shame to see the last NIB 2931 die in shipping...

Though wasn't my idea to put all that packing around the neck board area. Luckily it survived just fine though besides that hit it took to the frame.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just stumbled on this while trying to find info on a multibios for Naomi....

Cab looks good, dude! Monitor seems gorgeous