Dead 'n' Spicy

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Dead 'n' Spicy

Post by OldFoo »

Following on from when I last had a go at making a poor mans HOTD4, I've now with the kind support of AGS decided that 2011 would be the year to make a proper go at it...

Luckily I managed to get the big, ugly & super heavy MDF cab from ebay for a steal:

Still the Sanwa PFX came in handy for o bit cash ;)

I also got a 2Spicy 1p cab to put it in, cab has lovely stereo sound complete with a passive sub that really kicks out !

Nice 32" LCD screen with glass in front & sensor bezel.

UZI's official shit complete with gun shake & vibration.

Nice marquee !

All inside, Lind, main psu, sound amp psu, sub woofer psu, sound amp hidden beside Lind tray.

Still very much WIP as I need art & time to do the rest, but fully playable as of today :smt007
Last edited by OldFoo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sexy as fcuk, you got black guns too :smt004 You ain't got a Lindbergh PSU going spare have you?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No, but you can use a ATX pc 1 with a little hacking.

Black guns are standard on Euro set-ups, so strange that you don't have them from the 2 cabs you hacked ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Pete wrote:No, but you can use a ATX pc 1 with a little hacking.

Black guns are standard on Euro set-ups, so strange that you don't have them from the 2 cabs you hacked ?

Never got/saw the guns off the one so didn't know what colour they were, the others i'm using are red ones, yeah i'm using an ATX psu with no probs just wondered if you'd perhaps got one with each cab as i never got a proper lindbergh PSU either, was just for a completists sake i suppose, they cost a bomb tho too new.

Strange with the ATX i got i mistakenly turned it on with only the left connector attached and it still powered up as normal :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

To keep costs down I just swapped certain parts over from what I already had.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Plays a very good game of HOTD4.

Those 32" LCD gun cabs are friggin' the bee's knees..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Great project..! I love the Lindbergh ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I put the light box & just rested the marquee on it, looks ok:

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thechop wrote:Sexy as fcuk, you got black guns too :smt004 You ain't got a Lindbergh PSU going spare have you?

Suprised you haven't asked to put Afterburner Climax on your Yellow Lindy..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
thechop wrote:Sexy as fcuk, you got black guns too :smt004 You ain't got a Lindbergh PSU going spare have you?

Suprised you haven't asked to put Afterburner Climax on your Yellow Lindy..

Well...now you come to mention it :smt006 i got no HOTD4 game disc just the IC chip though. :smt010