OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

impressive collection!!! :smt007

i like all items!! :smt007

now I have a bit of envy!! :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
android wrote:Yes, Lindberghs are actually around 28K-38K Yens, depending if you are lucky and when the auction ends.

Normally I ship a big packet, around 20 kg, that's the maximun I can ship with the Spanish post, and shipping is a little less expensive.

And about tax, I'm a lucky man and until the moment I never pay a cent in taxes.

I use a Japanish company that ships the goods as "junk old video game stuff" with a value under 100$, and until the moment I never payed taxes.

About keychip, normally the games on Yahoo are sold without keychip, games like ID4, ID5, VF5, are normally on yahoo but never comes with a keychip, only DVD.

I bought some games like RaceTV, House of the Dead Ex and VT3, with keychip, but prices were higher.

Some times if you are lucky enought when you buy a Lindbergh motherboard, it comes with a keychip, normally MJ4, WCF or DOC 2008/2009, but last yellow I bough I came with VT3.

Now on ebay there are some Lindbergh games from a guy in Spain, Alex.

Recently I bought HOD4 complete with keychip on ebay, also from Alex.

Andy I could be interested in buy a Outrun2 SDX.

Do you know if it's possible to run it in a sitdown cabinet with the Lindbergh RS232 forcefeedback PCB or it needs special I/O's ?

OR2SDX needs special Panasonic controller board which hooks up via the RS232 to control the cabinet and actuators.

Oddly enough Hummer SDX and Afterburner SDX will run on standard cabinets just fine, Afterburner climax you can change cabinet type and hummer SDX will complain, but still continue.

OR2SPDX runs in a disappointing 848x480 resolution, a showcase game like that should be running at 1280x768 or 1366x768, especially on those 65" DLPs!

Last year I had over 50 Lindbergh PCBs from Customers and sold over 100+ video cards, what I don't know about the Lind isn't worth knowing.. :smt007

I've also helped Pete twice to get a HOTD4 setup.. :smt008

I'm so glad I don't live anywhere remotely close to you Andy - I'd be dead broke!

I'd be picking up gear from you once a month, I swear... ;)
OldFoo

Rambo

Post by OldFoo »

tst
Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

:smt023 happy to see that !
OldFoo

Re: Rambo

Post by OldFoo »

android wrote:Finally I got Rambo running as export, in full English, on one of my Blue Japanish Lindberghs :)

I needed to change the Operating system because LindBlue runs Windows XP Embeded while Yellow , Red and RedEx Lindberghs runs Montavista Linux.

For the moment was necessary to change the graphics card Nvidea 7800GS that was originally in the Blue Lindbergh by the Nvidea 7600GS, used on Lindred and Linred Ex, but I think this can be solved in a near future...

More easy was to switch region from Japanish to Export , only one byte protected by a CRC32 checksum :)

What I'm searching at this moment is the password of the Lindbergh BIOS.

If you connect a USB keyboard to the Lindbergh during the bootup process, you can press CTRL+ATL+S and access to the Phoenix Bios Login screen, but you need an 8 digit password.

I'm trying to figure out if it's the same for all the Lindberghs or is related to the serial number of each Lindbergh.

Here some pictures:

Here some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhM4WGz3tI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI9Eg_01Xz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG19CmraYJ8

Where did you buy Rambo from?? Alex??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes i bought it from Alex.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

android wrote:Yes I bought it from Alex.

Thanks, I thought so. It's a bootleg.

Offical Rambo uses a different baseboard, same baseboard as king of road.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tst
Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice! :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The cheaper (redEX) baseboard has a fault - Sega have cancelled these - it will have a serious fault where it will not remember credit settings and such.

Hardware wise they function 100% as the old one, just cheaper to produce.