Android's GameRoom

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tst
Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

android wrote:The Redex Baseboards I have, were manufactured on 2007, and are a new dessign with newer firmware, but only has very small pcb changes.

Sega used the same pcb quality, 6 layers gold plating, same components, the unique difference is the SRAM that is BGA instead of SSOP32, because the the UPD442012, was in allocation in that time.

I'm hardware engineer I know about I'm talking.

I tested the new baseboard with HOD4, VT3, HODEX, Rambo and Race TV, and works nicelly.

RedEx Baseboard are produced in the same factory, but a number of them have a faulty component, I've had over 100 lindberghs here, I know what I am talking about. Sega have replaced a lot of them.

Seems to affect all the first batch of Rambo PCBs - how many Rambo PCBs do you get sent for repair?? That's right you don't.. So I think I know what I am talking about..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tst
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

android wrote:The Lindbergh Red Ex motherboards I bought in Japan, were running MJ4 from more than one year, so are fully tested.

For the moment I only have one Lindbergh running rambo, and is running nicelly, but I don't care too much because I can repair the pcbs my self, I have the tools :)

Andy,

What do you know about RingEdge, there is very few information on internet?

This week I bought a RingEdge game on Yahoo:

I think it will be useless without a KeyChip, but will be nice to add to my Sega collection.

I supposs I will receipt it by next week.

RingEdge is the one with the onboard video, the one that runs from 12V/5V

I've seen the Sega Racing Classics PCB, the keychip is totally different now, and the DVD is more secure - The security holes of the Lindbergh have been tidied up nicely.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi android, as you told me i tried to convert my Japanese Red Lindbgerh to Export. The Lindbergh seams to start up proprely but when i goes to the system test menu i get this:

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tst
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, now it?s ok. Thanks Android:

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I just hope that my Yellow Lind that came off site & was running HOTD4 since 05 & has had 9700 ?1 credits though it keeps on working :smt017

It was only running VGA 31k though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You guys with Lindys - what kind of cabinet are you using to play them?

I know some of the games need guns, and others need driving rigs, but what about the few others?

Just curious about the type of cab you're using.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »