Sega Versus City

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Sega Versus City

Post by OldFoo »

Mirrored from Arcade Otaku for those who only come here:

I thought as there is some interest on this forum for this cab to be shown in a bit more detail I would post some pictures up in my own thread.

A little bit of background on my cab I got this for helping Fire-Bug Aka Mark Starkey sell some arcade parts on here over the last few months in order to help fund his Heart of gaming arcade project:

http://www.facebook.com/TheHeartOfGaming

The agreement was that I would get a bare bones project cab out of the left over bits from building up his 6 Vs city's & therefore the cab would be incomplete & a bit worse for wares no problems I said fare play, major missing parts were monitors, PSU, stepdown, some wiring & yellow plastic housing on the light box winner display.

The Troc had a 7th VS in there workshop with lots of parts missing.

For my Vs city I'm using 2x Nanao MS-2932's 31K ex VT3 as they have the same curvature as the MS9 & with only 1 bezel afaik my options were limited.

Having been working on this a few weeks now I'm almost finished tried MAME on it Saturday night to test 1 side as still waiting on a second monitor, but all ok & sound was working both sides so at least I know its good.

Mark & his GF picked the cabs from the Trocadero up 1 Saturday in July & asked me if I could come to the workshop & help unload them, so I got in my Bimmer & came down...

All the cabs at that time were looking a little battered as some of you will know if you had seen them in London not that well looked after & general abuse from been on site for over 10 years:

Over the next weeks we started to strip down, clean & learn about what we had at the time, as some more were picked up at a later date:

More to come...
Last edited by OldFoo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Here are some of the random pictures from my Vs City now installed in my living room (cab has to be almost stripped imn order to get it though my front doors:

PSU acts a dual monitor switch unit & has stereo input amp looks like a driver style, unit also diverts power to the winner topper ect & has a Astro style PSU for the Jamma interface.

Brand new panel thanks to Richy13 almost to good to use.

Under the CP its a bit like Astro but has the monitor power & picture its own point split:

This is where the picture & Jamma part is combined:

YouTube vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nGdCbtH8v4&feature=plcp

Just a few pictures of the topper circuits:

Stepdown inside:

Oh & must of been from H/K 220v, oh & on at least 1 of the topper plastics Mark had it has the English where the rest were in Japanese.

Topper:

More Info here:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... t=21676url
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dang Pete - great work!

I don't know how you guys do that.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I went and checked out a Versus City locally and was wondering how it came apart.