unmotivated..

Vent you anger & warm of scammers in this forum (no mods)
OldFoo

unmotivated..

Post by OldFoo »

Man, I just can't seem to get anything done lately.. I am just lacking ANY motivation whatsoever.. even arcade stuff can't bother me currently..

I never had a depression, but this sure feels like it... could it be the weather? I wonder.. midlife crisis..? who knows.. i for one don't :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Arcades stuff is getting me down too, thinking I should sell up & buy a new car.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Can't be arcade that is getting you both down, impossible. Endless roaming these fora is also not too stimulating. Anyway, Look deep inside yourselves and snap out of it before it's too late. Start living again, Enjoy your kids, family or anything besides arcade. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

goatboy wrote:Can't be arcade that is getting you both down, impossible. Endless roaming these fora is also not too stimulating. Anyway, Look deep inside yourselves and snap out of it before it's too late. Start living again, Enjoy your kids, family or anything besides arcade. :)

Ditto, Been waterskiing alot more now that it is summer, playing ice hockey alot more, taking the kids out too do stuff, etc. This brings alot more happiness than the arace stuff which I think is really more of a distraction to me at this point. The original intention for me was for the arcade stuff to be something I could do together with my daughter, family and friends but not much inteterest from anyone but myself probably due too the Wii, Rock Band, Ipod, HDTV, and all the other gizmo's to stimulate one's brain into mush these days, this is what everyone seems too be interested in. The most fun I get out of the arcade stuff is the techy, fix, restore stuff to keep the brain stimulated and the feeling of accomplishment that you get when you get something working, fix something that was broken, etc. Not playing that much honestly and even when I do not that much fun playing alone. Now playing Ice Hockey on the other hand with a bunch of good mates for a couple of hours just hits my reset button and puts me in a real happy place. Same with waterskiing. Good company, good exercise, good fun.

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Agree with both Goatboy and Bob.

I think the key is to have a nice balance. It helps me appreciate both more, actually. When I do have time to play my machine, I'm happy about it.

My only issue is the pain in the arse it is of only having one cabinet. That means I have to change everything every time I want to play a different game.

Now, if I had 3-4, I could have more folks over, and enjoy the games more, without having to switch everything out all the time.

Other than that - get outside more. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the helpful tips, guys.

I do think I have a pretty good balance in my life; it is often the fun that seems to be missing from the equation. Well, today we took the kids to an amusement park, which was a lot of fun :-)

Despite me thinking the balance is right, I did get triggered by your posts; I am going to shift my attention away from arcade a little. More important things to take care of right now!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

feel ya buddy same here,arcade is on low low at the moment. :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Arcades are close to death. Console gaming has killed the charm. We used to look forward to the next best thing as far as NEXT GEN hardware at Arcades. A new game was a EVENT. Lately games are few and far between. We are a forgotten breed.