Naomi Uni Rebuild - Warning Photo Heavy

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Naomi Uni Rebuild - Warning Photo Heavy

Post by OldFoo »

OK,

Posted this over at Killercabs, but thought it may be of use here as well, for those who haven't ventured over to the dark-side...

First you need is the base

Pull the cables out of the holes either side of the base

Attach the legs (these have been chopped down!), making sure you remember to feed the cables through the holes.

You now should have something looking like this...

The next bit is to attach the horizontal bars, which double as the monitor support.

The legs have holes for fixing the bars to the legs, and also a small notch, which enables you to get the bars the

correct way up. The one with the speaker holes goes to the bottom.

Attach the earth cables to the relevent points. (There should be a threaded bar near to where each cable finishes)

The light box attaches to the rear of the legs with 4 Torx bolts.

(These next images are in the wrong sequence. I put the CP on before putting the monitor in, but it is easier to fit the

monitor before the CP)

Take 1 monitor (tri-sync in this case)

and by yourself (if you're strong) or with some help, lift the monitor onto the 4 white plastic washers on the horizontal

beams. Once it's there, it will happily sit while you get the washers & nuts fixed in place.

Feed the monitor remote cables to the front of the machine,

and attach the earth wires. Also get the power to the monitor from the cables on the right hand leg, and the VGA cable

should come out of the left hand side.

OK, now it's time to fit the CP.

Take you CP assembly

Line up the holes on either side

and attach to the frame with the 2 bolts & the brace bar

This piccy shows the I/O & all the CP cabling connected, as it was all in the CP assembly. You can see in the middle,

the remote board for my pentranic tri-sync. It's a simple case of finding the correct wires from the left leg, and

connecting them to the I/O.

Remember, this is your friend...

It's a fairly easy schematic to read, as it has the number of pins on each AMP U/P connector, and it's colour, and the

cable colours.

OK, this is when the cab starts to really take shape.

Grab the monitor rear cover & speaker housing. The housing should push-fit to the rear of the cab, and then be secured

in place with 6 Torx bolts.

The speaker cables are colour-coded Red & White, and plug into the appropriate hole.

OK, lesson 2 - fit the leg covers before the cabinet front. Again piccys are a bit backwards as I learnt the hard way &

ended up taking the front off again!

Take a leg full of unsightly wiring

Take a foot

and if you're using them, add the stabilisers now, as it makes life easier (I forgot, so didn't bother)

Attach the foot with the screw

Attach the leg-cover. I had to slide mine from the top, but you may be able to clip it round the leg.

If you have them, put the leg tops on as well, and secure with a screw.

Right, take the monitor bezel/cab front assembly, and offer her up to the machine. There are 4 torx bolts to hold it to

the front (two at the top, and two at the bottom)

and two screws to secure it to the CP assembly

Add the gameing system of your choice (in this case a Naomi2 GD-ROM setup)

Attach the access hatch cover & the base top (securing it if you want). Put machine into it's final resting place.

Bootup!

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Very Nice. :D

Brings Back Memories. :smt067

I am getting motivated to do my next one. :smt026

Probably October. :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Heres some more:

[img]http:///www.sega-naomi.com/CM/cm.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///www.sega-naomi.com/CM/cm2.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///www.sega-naomi.com/CM/cm3.jpg[/img]

My back is killing me :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

very good :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

very beautiful! you are lucky to have this cab. :smt007 :smt013

Where can I find a cab naomi universal ...? for Italy? thank you. from me, they are not. :smt006